|PUBLIC HEALTH COORDINATOR - EMPLOYEE HEALTH|
|Works under direct supervision of the Manager A of Community Health Services with medical supervision provided by the Chief of Nursing and/or Health Officer. Plans, implements and evaluates activities related to occupational health issues for Shelby County Government.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
EEOC CODE: 20
|1. Four (4) years experience in nursing administration; and
2. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in nursing;and
3. Documented completion of a Basic Physical Assessment course; OR
4. Two (2) years experience in nursing administration; and
5. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master's degree in nursing or public health.
6. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED)
|1. Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in Tennessee.
2. Must possess a valid Tennessee driver’s license or secure one by the date of employment.
3. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet County requirements for automobile insurance as of date of employment.
4. Must be able to take calls and carry a pager.
5. Must be self-directed and able to function with minimal guidance.
6. Must be able to effectively communicate and function in varied clinical settings and office environment settings, interacting with applicants, employees, supervisor, managers, and administrators as necessary.
|1. Oversees the contracts and daily activities between Shelby County Government and Concentra Medical Center re: new hire physical exams.
2. Reviews and processes bills for payment to Concentra Medical Center.
3. Ensures that Concentra Medical Center delivers completed physical results between 3 – 5 working days.
4. Reviews physical exams for accuracy and completeness. Communicate with applicants regarding steps/procedures needed to complete the physical exam process.
5. Communicates regularly with Risk Management regarding occupational exposures to blood and body fluids.
6. Coordinates bloodborne pathogen in-services for new employees according to CDC recommendations for various departments: Health, Criminal Justice Center, Sheriff Department, Corrections Center, and Juvenile Court.
7. Remains current on OSHA requirements regarding prevention of disease transmission in the workplace (i.e. TB, Hepatitis B, exposure to blood/body fluids, tetanus, MMR, and varicella (chickenpox).
8. Remains current on CDC recommendations for exposure to HBV, HCV, and HIV.
9. Provide counseling and medical follow-up to County employees exposed to blood-borne (blood or body fluids) pathogens while on duty.
10. Coordinates annual TN screening for all high-risk employees (i.e. Criminal Justice Center, Corrections Center, Health Department, Juvenile Court, Sheriff Department, and Head Start.)
11. Maintains current inventory of medical supplies and vaccine and order appropriately. Compiles and submit weekly/monthly reports (i.e. Executive Summary, Calendar of Events and Monthly Reports).
12. Prepares and monitors Employee Health budget by maintaining a spreadsheet of all spending according to each line item.
13. Coordinates and provides bloodborne pathogens training for outside agencies as needed.
14. Coordinates, updates, and present a Tattoo Infection Control class 2 – 3 times a year. Ensures that all employee records and immunizations are entered into the computer system.
15. Provides information from medical records as appropriate to Shelby County Government for retirement, disability, and Risk Management.
16. Works with Shelby County Government divisions to assure compliance with Shelby County Government Infectious Disease Policy.
17. Provides and maintains Respiratory Protection Program: initial fit testing and annual update.
18. Provides CPR and First Aid Training twice a year to Health Department employees.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|1. Extensive knowledge of modern supervision techniques and the ability to apply them in directing the work of others.
2. Ability to develop timetables, manpower, projections, and ability to monitor and revise to meet guidelines.
3. Good knowledge of infectious disease transmission and prevention guidelines.
4. Self-directed with ability to work in a fast paced, professional, diverse environment with minimal supervision.
5. Demonstrated attention to detail in work-related products.
6. Thorough knowledge and skill to analyze facts, identify problem, make conclusions and recommend taking appropriate action.
7. Ability to communicate clearly, verbally, and in writing effectively with the public, other departments in Shelby County.
8. Ability to deal tactfully with the public and co-workers; exercise good judgment in evaluation situations and making decisions.
9. Considerable knowledge of social and economic forces affecting health needs and health care delivery in a public health facility.
10. Understanding of the SCG and MSCHD visions and missions, as well as the aims, purposes and practices of local health departments and of public health theory and practices.
11. Knowledge of Shelby County substantive programs and policies and services in addition to beginning knowledge of related Federal, State, and local programs.
12. Ability to work in a moderately fast-paced, professional, diverse environment with minimal direct supervision.
13. Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
14. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (Word, Excel, TDOH QM program databases, etc.)
|814 Jefferson Avenue, 2nd Floor, Memphis, Tennessee 38105|