Main Employment Page
Current Employment Opportunities
EMPLOYMENT WITH SHELBY COUNTY GOVERNMENT REQUIRES:
- A satisfactory check of references.
- A medical examination may be required and may be considered before any appointment can be finalized; and may require a laboratory test for alcohol and substance abuse.
- Candidate selected for position must reside in Shelby County as of employment date and remain a resident.
- Federal law requires that the selected candidate provide proof of identity and employment eligibility.
- All Shelby County employees must receive their payroll check through direct deposit as a condition of employment.
Human Resources recommends that the job posting announcement be printed or saved to a file on your computer before the job closing date. After the job closes the job posting announcement will be unavailable.
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status.
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Type of Posting
AGING COMMISSION OF THE MIDSOUTH
Work under general supervision while carrying out responsibility of being the manager of a multi-county program for TennCare CHOICES in Long-Term Care. The program targets older adults and individuals with disabilities. The position is responsible for supervision of Intake Assessment Specialists, budget oversight and compliance with rules that govern the TennCare CHOICES program.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
EEOC CODE: 20
1. Five (5) years supervisory/lead experience in Social Services or Nursing; and
2. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Social Work or closely related field; or
3. Equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
4. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED)
1. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver's License or secure one as of employment date.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Directs the work activities of all assigned employees of the CHOICES staff and is accountable for results; determines resource needs and allocation of resources and accounts for their effective use.
2. Makes decisions on personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, discipline, and promotions.
3. Monitors the expenditure of budgetary funds to assure an efficient and effective operation.
4. Develops and maintains effective administrative policies and procedures after interpreting applicable laws and regulations.
5. Maintains accurate files and documentation to support program activities.
6. Monitors facilitated enrollment activities to assure the agency is in compliance with contractual timeframes.
7. Facilitate and conduct training sessions for staff to update them on program regulations and provide technical assistance.
8. Works with professional staff of Aging Commission of the Mid South, Tennessee Department of Human Services, Managed Care Organizations and TennCare Long- Term Care unit.
9. Completes and submits necessary reporting information to TennCare.
10. Implements SPOE functions as it relates to Facilitated Enrollment policies and procedures.
11. Attends required professional meetings with TennCare and MCO’s Advisory committees.
12. Performs any and all other related duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of home care regulations for services funded by the Aging Commission of the Mid-South and the Bureau of TennCare.
2. Knowledge of state and federal regulations pertaining to the delivery of home care services.
3. Knowledge of comprehensive medical and social needs assessment standards and procedures.
4. Knowledge of modern administrative practices and procedures including accounting systems, personnel and office management.
5. Ability to schedule and direct the activities of staff in an efficient manner in response to a varying workload.
6. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain good working relationships with service providers, state and local officials, and staff.
7. Ability to plan and organize activities to meet all established deadlines and perform all job related duties.
8. Ability to plan and conduct training sessions for providers and staff.
9. Ability to develop and maintain effective administrative policies and procedures after interpreting applicable laws and regulations.
10. Ability to perform detailed mathematical computations.
11. Skill in the operation of modern office equipment including personal computers, etc.
2670 Union Avenue Extended, Room# 1000, Memphis, Tennessee 38112
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Official Website of Shelby County Government
©2003-2010 Shelby County Government. All Rights Reserved.