|R & I SUPPORT TECHNICIAN|
|Responsible for performing general clerical work involved in the maintenance, research, storage and dissemination of criminal history information for the Sheriff’s Office.
EEOC CODE: 60
|1. Two (2) years of appropriate clerical, bookkeeping or statistical work; and
2. Graduated from an accredited High School or possess a GED.
3. (Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.)
3. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED)
|1. Must be able to work shifts, weekends and holidays.
2. Must complete a typing skills assessment test.
3. Must pass a criminal history background check.
|1. Performs computer name searches in the Jail Management System (JMS) and the Master Index Card File.
2. Transfers fingerprints of persons onto cards for purpose of identification and for entry into the Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS).
3. Enters identifying information, such as names, address and occupation into JMS.
4. Search files to make comparisons and update current arrest data to the criminal history file.
5. Photographs persons accused of crimes and prepares fingerprint cards.
6. Operates computerized equipment, including verification terminals, printers for AFIS, JMS and the On-Base Document Imaging System.
7. Receives, enters and/or documents current arrestee information into workstation data base.
8. Operates office machines such as typewriters, copy machines and/or cash register on a daily basis.
9. Processes misdemeanor citizens on a daily basis which includes; taking photographs, rolling fingerprints and/or enter prints into the AFIS Verification Station, etc.
10. Files original arrest reports and FBI sheets.
11. Receives and processes R-84 Disposition Forms, Court Ordered Expunged Documents and Mail-In request from different agencies on a daily basis.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|1. Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, equipment and machines.
2. Knowledge of business English, arithmetic and data processing.
3. Knowledge of statistical interpretations, procedures and presentation.
4. Ability to operate selected machines or equipment: typewriter, calculator, copy machines, fax machines and cash register.
5. Ability to perform a variety of clerical tasks.
6. May require some special knowledge, skill or ability in assigned work area.
|201 Poplar Avenue, Jail Annex, Memphis, Tennessee 38103|